Be Prepared for the Future
Estate Attorney Daytona Beach
Estate planning is an evolving process that a Florida Probate Attorney can help in addressing your future needs and providing direction on how your assets will be managed in the event you become incapacitated and unable to oversee the management of your personal affairs.
An effective estate plan can help in the following areas:
- Determine who will manage your affairs if you are to become incapacitated during your lifetime
- Provide specific instructions on how you want your affairs managed in the event you become incapacitated
- Provide instructions on how you want your assets distributed upon your passing
- When and if you ever want your assets distributed during your lifetime
- Who will make healthcare decisions on your behalf if you are to become incapacitated and provide instructions on whether you want life prolonging measures taken and under what circumstances
There are a number of decisions that must be made when crafting an effective estate plan. The following is a list of talking points you should give consideration to before meeting with a Florida Probate Attorney:
- What is the approximate value of your assets
- Who do you want to receive your assets
- When do you want your assets distributed
- Who do you want to oversee the distribution of your assets
- Who do you want making health care decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated
- Who do you want to take care of your minor children if you are unable to care for them yourself
Estate planning is not strictly limited to the writing of a will. In fact, it is much more than that. Every estate plan should include the following documents; durable power of attorney, health care power of attorney and living will. These documents in conjunction with a simple will provide the necessary documents to comprise an effective estate plan for the majority of individuals. However, more complex estate plans can involve business planning, tax planning and a host of other strategies. To determine what estate plan is best for you, contact Thomas Upchurch to set up a consultation.
Thomas Upchurch serves the entire Central and North Florida Areas including Daytona Beach , Port Orange , Deland , Ormond Beach , Jacksonville , Palm Coast , Orlando , Saint Augustine and New Smyrna Beach .